Are you looking for an economical way to remodel your kitchen? You’ll be delighted to know that you can design your dream kitchen inexpensively by using unfinished kitchen cabinets. Unvarnished, unstained, and ready-to-sand cabinetry is relatively easy to find on the market. With the variety of affordable options available from Home Depot or Lowes stores and other home improvement shops, your kitchen will have a new look and appeal without costing a fortune. Remember, you can also tackle this project on your own to cut labor costs.
Making a Purchase
1. Take accurate measurements of your kitchen cabinets at home. It would be advantageous if you take down notes and draw detailed diagram that illustrates the placement of appliances, windows, as well as plumbing in your kitchen.
2. Create a wish list of the look you want to achieve. Checking designs from popular manufacturers like Merillat kitchen cabinets will give you helpful ideas on how you can design or color your cabinets. The great thing is that you can always modify the list. Take your storage requirements into consideration too.
3. When designing unfinished kitchen cabinets think about your taste and style prior to searching for an inspiration. Ensure that your cabinets complement both your personality and your home decor. Study the different types of cabinets as well as their quality and durability.
4. Consult home improvement magazines and publications that feature colored photographs of cabinet designs before finalizing your decision.
Shopping for Best Prices and Quality
1. Browse through yellow pages and look for local retailers that market and sell unfinished cabinetry.
2. Go online and obtain detailed notes about every product that you find attractive and meet your requirements. Always compare durability, quality, and cost to get the most excellent deals. Inquire about warranties and ratings before making a purchase.
* Bring your sketches with you when you are shopping around.
* Always assess how the doors of the cabinet will open. Remember that kitchen walkways and doorways should not be obstructed in any way.
* Assess the hardware that comes with the unfinished cabinets.
* To ensure that you can open the drawer smoothly and completely, look for drawer glides. Keep in mind that standard hardware permits you to only view about 75% of the drawer’s contents.
* Rustic kitchen cabinets create a great atmosphere for classic homes.
* Always take pictures when shopping. This will assist you in remembering what you like and envision how the new cabinets will look when installed in your home. This will assist you well when shopping online.
* To estimate the total cost of unfinished kitchen cabinets, don’t forget to include the shipping and applicable sales tax to the items.